We are looking for enthusiastic, talented and highly motivated Wellsite Thin Section Geoscientists to join our Geology team on a short-term basis (although with the possibility for extension). The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated project team; they will primarily be responsible for wellsite work, specialising in carbonate thin section stratigraphy. The candidate needs to have had experience in this field previously and be confident in delivering strong results in a high-pressured environment.
We are looking for individuals who are intuitive, ask questions and will continuously seek to improve our interpretations and processes.
This position is for a minimum of six months with a possible extension of up to two years.
* To independently analyse and advise stakeholder’s on carbonate stratigraphy and sedimentology at wellsite via thin section micropalaentological analysis of samples
* To confidently make real-time decisions that could impact operational decisions, including well trajectory
This role will require the successful candidate to:
* Travel, including overseas and to wellsite
* Interpret and integrate stratigraphic data with all other drilling parameters and data such as LWD information
* Generate well path diagrams using drilling angle, azimuth etc.
* Review geological and biostratigraphic data and provide interpretations and correlations (predominantly within software such as Stratabugs and ODM / IC)
* Integrate their data with others, as required
* Independently and accurately generate and interpret data in real-time at wellsite
* Prepare professional reports (both daily and final summary reports)
* Contribute to daily and weekly client meetings
* Assist in delivering on-the-job training, as required
* Demonstrate strong project management and coordination skills and good communication skills
* Attend training and development courses / workshops as deemed necessary
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.