Are you wanting to progress in your career into Management of a Children’s home?
Branas Isaf have and continue to deliver exceptional therapeutic care and education at our fully registered schools and vocational centres to young people with harmful sexualised and associated complex behaviours for over 25years.
Our extensive experience identifies us as a national leader in providing intervention and support to young people. We have an opportunity for a Trainee Manager to join our team at our Service located in North Wales.
We are sourcing for individuals looking to develop their Managerial career as we look to open new services in the near future as our business continues to grow and expand.
Your role as a Trainee Manager will be to support with the Leadership and Management of one of our larger multi-bedded therapeutic childrens services. The successful applicant will support the Home Manager and working alongside other members of our multi-disciplinary team. You will oversee a large staff team to ensure excellent levels of care and support to children and young people.
If you have experience working in a residential childcare sector, keen and ambitious and want to be a future Children’s Home Management. This could be the challenge you are looking for.
Trainee Manager/ Deputy Manager Responsibilities
Deliver high level of quality support to the Young People and Staff
Overseeing leadership and management alongside and in the absence of Home/Registered Manager
Drive to work towards becoming a Home/ Registered Manager within Branas Isaf Group
Expectation to fulfil Interim Management arrangements &/or step up to Home/Registered Manager where there is an absence of a Home/Registered Manager within Branas Isaf Group
Exceed the Regulations and/or Quality Standards in respect of Children’s Homes
Promote positive and personalised outcomes of children and young people
Support the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service
Assist with recruitment, line management supervision and staff training
Attend and contribute to monthly management meetings
In tandem with the above, you will be flexible to undertake on-call duties
Ensure Continual Professional Development in respect of your work in Residential child care, Care Management and registration as a Manager with Social Care Wales
Assist with the management of finances within budgets for the Home
Ensure company policies and procedures and Social Care Wales Code of Professional Practice are embedded
QCF Level 3 Children’s and Young Peoples workforce
Level 5 qualification in Management (preferred but not essential- obligation to work towards achieving within 18months of appointment)
At least 4 Years’ experience in a children’s residential setting
Driver with own transport (use of company cars for transporting young people)
Able to work unsociable hours (evenings, nights and weekends)
* Friendly, passionate and caring nature
* Positive, pleasant and approachable
* Empowering others to develop and live fulfilling lives
* Person Centred, allowing our children to explore & utilise their own strengths
* Innovative, by using or showing new methods and ideas
* Competitive salary
* 4 week paid induction programme
* Dedicated learning and development programmes- Management programme
* Face to face therapeutic training
* Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topic
* Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
* Free parking
* Free meals on shift (residential homes only)
* Refer a friend scheme’ reward system – earn up to £250 per referral
* Pension scheme
* Annual Employee Awards Evening
* Employee recognition schemes
* Company vehicle to use when in work
* CareTech Foundation- Opportunity to apply for family & friend’s grants.
* Being part of one of the UK’s leading specialist therapeutic providers.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity, which will include a check against the barred children’s list. A requirement of this role is continued registration with Social Care Wales
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV