North Wales Jobs
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Prospects
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK’s largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 9,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Technical Manager you will report into the Site Director and be responsible for all technical activities on site. You will provide the site with a first-class technical service, which involves day to day management of the Technical / Quality Assurance function in line with the sites Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, legislative requirements, customer expectations and codes of practice. As a Technical Manager you will provide technical advice to all departments and our customers to maintain our long-lasting relationships.
* Performance manage your team – consisting of 2 FLMS, Compliance and document controllers.
* Ensuring that a thorough and effective pest prevention system is in place and is regularly inspected by a reputable contractor and that recommendations are actioned.
* Provide reports and summaries to allow easy trend analysis and monitoring of important quality and food safety (customer complaints, micro results, quality control information), allowing generation of robust improvement plans.
* Initiate and ensure internal/external audits are conducted as per agreed schedule and any resulting non-conformances are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
* Deal with customer complaints, investigations and ensuring preventative measures are in place
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have a proven track record working in a Technical/ Quality Assurance role within food manufacturing. Bring those qualities along with the below and you will have the recipe for success:
* Experience in a similar role within food manufacturing
* Must have poultry/meat experience (raw)
* Knowledge of BRC/Red Tractor/Customer audits
* Retail experience (desirable)
* Used to managing a team
* Experience of Microbiology (desirable)
* Knowledge of HACCP (essential)
* HACCP qualifications (desirable)
* Lead Auditor (desirable)
* Knowledge of auditing (essential)
* Great communication skills
* IT skills
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
2 Sisters Food Group is one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With over 20 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, you have the opportunity and flexibility to pick your ideal location.
We employ over 18,000 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
We want to make YOU the future of our business.
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.