TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT ENHANCED DBS OR BE WILLING TO PROCESS ONE THROUGH EXCELL SUPPLY
Excell Supply are looking for a Teaching Assisants to work within Primary and Secondary schools across Gwynedd.
To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Support for Pupils
* Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
* Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
* Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
* Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
* Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
* Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
Support for the Teacher
* Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work
* Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
* Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
* Provide clerical/administration support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc.
* Support for the Curriculum
* Support pupils to understand instructions
* Support pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies e.g. literacy, numeracy, KS3, early years, as directed by the teacher
* Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed
* Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
Support for the School
* Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
* Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
* Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
* Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
* Attend relevant meetings as required
* Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
* Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
* Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.