Supply Chain Planner – Fluency in Polish is preferred but not essential
Superb opportunity for a professional with a foundation of experience gained within a fast-paced purchasing role, to join our ambitious and multi-award-winning business, where you’ll be given plenty of autonomy to make your mark and thrive.
You’ll need to be a self-starter with an excellent work ethic, and the ability to manage the technical, analytical, planning and coordination aspects of the role, whilst utilising your excellent communication skills to build strong and lasting relationships with suppliers.
The P&A Group of Companies is a successful multi-award-winning family run business based in North Wales. We have been manufacturing and selling high quality timber products for thirty five years across several business streams including Zest 4 Leisure, P&A Pallets & Packaging and The Woodworks Garden Centre and Café and each one is dedicated to delivering a high level of customer satisfaction and top-quality products.
What will this role of Supply Chain Planner entail?
This position will be based at our Zest 4 Leisure Warehouse Distribution Centre in Saltney.
As the Supply Chain Planner, you will take sales forecasts and work hand-in-glove with our Polish Supply Chain Coordinator, liaising with overseas suppliers to plan and place orders within capacity to ensure adequate supply of finished goods is available to meet demand within the required timescales. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Run the MRP, accounting for medium term sales forecasts, min/max stock levels and supply chain capacity
* Confirm timelines for production with the suppliers
* Schedule call-offs to ensure minimum / maximum stock levels are maintained in the UK warehouse
* Track and report on service levels from suppliers as required, and contributing to supplier service / capacity reviews, making suggestions and improvements
* Effectively expedite orders through daily contact with suppliers, shipping companies and freight carriers to ensure deliveries are fulfilled in line with agreed service level agreements (SLA’s)
* Schedule direct delivery call-offs for greatest efficiency and cost-benefit geographically.
* Update stock information on SAP and maintain spreadsheets, reporting regularly to stakeholders, highlighting potential issues to order fulfilment and collaborating to find solutions
* Contribute positively to establish and implement new processes and procedures to support continuous improvement within the department as a whole
What will I need in order to be considered for this Supply Chain Planner role?
* A solid foundation of experience gained within a fast-paced purchasing role, with demonstrable experience of working with logistics / freight forwarders
* Experience of using SAP Business One or similar ERP and MRP systems
* IT literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Commercially minded, with solid critical thinking and analytical skills
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* High level of attention to detail
* Strong communication skills and the ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial partnerships
Although not essential, the ability to speak and write in Polish would be advantageous for this role.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of an award-winning business with a strong focus on staff development, engagement and consistent values. We think of our employees as our most valuable asset and encourage every member of the team to use their skills and knowledge to ensure a successful future for the company.
As the Supply Chain Planner, you’ll receive:
* a salary in the region of £23,000 to £28,000 with the level dependent on experience
* life assurance,
* discretionary profit share scheme
* 20% discount at the Woodworks Garden Centre and Woodworks Café
* discounted Cineworld tickets
* long service awards
* 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays)
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, with full time hours Monday to Friday from our Distribution Centre at River Lane, Saltney.
All applications for this Supply Chain Planner vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV