STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
North Wales – Caernarfon/Mold or remote working
Salary In range of £25,000 – £35,000, depending on experience
Working hours Full-time 37.5 hours a week
Datrys is a friendly, forward thinking and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. We are looking for the right person to build-on their existing knowledge of structural engineering work in AutoCAD and Revit to provide a key technical contribution to our design teams.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced technician to deliver on a range of civil/structural projects and contribute to the delivery of our Business Plan. For the right candidate there is also the opportunity to shape the future of how models and drawings are managed within the company.
· Well established, growing independent business
· Expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services
· Perfect sized company to make an impact and develop as an integral part of the business.
· Variety of projects to work on.
· Datrys has ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditations.
You will have the opportunity to work on a varied range of projects and deliver an effective and professional service to our clients.
Key duties will include:
· Development of engineering drawings and details in accordance with project brief
· Preparation of models, drawings, calculations, written reports and specifications.
· Assist in preparation of project programmes and technical documents such as risk assessments and specifications
· Liaise with external design team members and contractors.
· Carry out site surveys, inspections and investigations
· Contribute to BIM capability at Datrys
We encourage our staff to demonstrate a passion for design, drive and motivation, an interest and a willingness to learn, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. You’ll be a professional and friendly team player with excellent communication skills who is keen to make a positive contribution to the work environment. You’ll be quick & methodical but with a strong attention to detail and able to work under pressure when up against deadlines. As a key member of the team, you’ll be motivated to and capable of leading/supporting other team members’ development and demonstrating excellent customer care.
Skills and Experience
· A minimum of 4 years' relevant work experience,
· Excellent written and verbal skills,
· An HNC /equivalent in Construction and the Built Environment/Civil Engineering
· Solid CAD skills (2D) up to latest AutoCAD version – 3D is desirable but not essential.
· Knowledge and experience in the use of Revit
You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
In return, we offer the following
· A competitive salary
· Holidays – starting at 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
· Pension Scheme
· An interesting and varied workload
· A supportive and friendly team
· Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
· Professional membership fees will be paid by the Company
· Opportunities for training and development
· Parking permit
Datrys is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitable candidates including those looking for flexible working options.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering message telling us, why you are interested in the role and what you will bring to Datrys, by email
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV