Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees working across 40 countries, combining local expertise and unmatched capabilities in R&D. We cover the entire value chain of aluminium, from raw material extraction to developing the sustainable aluminium solutions of the future.
Hydro Aluminium Deeside is based on the Wrexham Industrial Estate, producing up to 63,000 tonnes of high-quality extrusion ingots (billets) per year, recycling a mix of end of life scrap and process scrap. Although we are part of a globally successful organisation, the 45-person team based within the Wrexham site feel more like family than colleagues, and we understand our people are our number one asset.
The Stores Person role
As a Stores Person, you will be responsible for managing the stock of consumables, spares, and engineering / maintenance items, identifying requirements, placing purchase orders, and managing goods receipting and issuing using SAP. You’ll be using a Forklift Truck where required to receive and manage stocks on site.
What will I receive in return?
As the Stores Person, you will receive a salary in the region of £25,000 to £27,000 with the level dependent on experience, plus fantastic benefits including:
* 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising incrementally to a maximum of 28 days
* Contributory pension scheme, matching company contribution up to 10%
* Life insurance, private medical insurance and more…
You’ll be working at our site in Wrexham Industrial Estate, North Wales, and be employed on a permanent contract working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:15am to 4:45pm.
What will I need to be considered for this Stores Person vacancy?
* Proven experience within a stores role, managing inventory and undertaking stock checks
* GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths with good literacy and numeracy skills
* IT literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and good knowledge of SAP
* High level of attention to detail
* Ability to work under supervision and using own initiative
* A proactive and self-motivating approach to work
Although not essential,experience working within the manufacturing industry and a valid Forklift Truck Licence, would be advantageous.
All applications for this Stores Person role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV