SQL Server DBA
Since launching in 2000, phenomenal growth has resulted in Moneypenny becoming the world leader in its field. Answering services, outsourced switchboard, live chat and a range of digital products combine to create a formidable portfolio of products, services and opportunity.
In the ever-changing world of technology, our products need to lead the way in driving opportunity and efficiency in all areas of our business. We are constantly developing products that are at the cutting edge of technology particular in the areas of telephony and video. We see these new products as the next driving force for our growth both here and in the US.
The SQL Server DBA role
You’ll report to the Infrastructure and Operations Manager and be part of the wider Technology Team of 41 colleagues.
As the SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server databases, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. You will take ownership of the development and management of the SQL Server databases, ensuring operational readiness (security, health, and performance).
Requirements for this SQL Server DBA vacancy
Moneypenny are currently in the process of migrating our SQL Server estate from physical instances into Azure, therefore the successful candidate will have a demonstrable experience of working with, managing, and supporting database instances on the Azure platform. Hands-on experience of migrating workloads into Azure would also be a distinct advantage.
This is a hands-on position requiring excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and solid technical skills and experience such as:
* 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience with a minimum of 2 years of that being Azure based
* Experience administering both Azure SQL Database and SQL Managed Instance
* Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
* Administration, design, and implementation knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
As the SQL Server DBA you will benefit from:
* An attractive salary with the level dependent on your experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
* Subsidised restaurant, free on-site pub and gym
* Flexible benefits scheme where you can pick and mix the benefits that suit you and your lifestyle
You will be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week within Monday to Friday.
Initially you will be required to work from home to due COVID-19 restrictions, although the position is based at our offices in Wrexham, North Wales.
More About Us
Employees located over two continents are the backbone of the Moneypenny business, supporting thousands of clients around the world. In addition, there is set to be thousands more, as Moneypenny Group continues on the path to double in size again over the next three years.
Our reputation for investment in our people and technology is exemplary, resulting in being ranked one of the best companies to work for in the UK and being awarded the Queen’s Award for Innovation. The state-of-the-art office in Wrexham opened four years ago, and now houses 1,000 employees, and acts as a hotbed of development as business continues to increase.
All applications for this SQL Server DBA vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV