Site Services Technician
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
£15.62 per hour.
SUMMARY OF OVERALL JOB FUNCTION
To assist the business in achieving its overall objectives through the effective delivery of site services.
SCOPE OF JOB ROLE
The Site Services Technician will be a member of the Site Services Team and will undertake all site services maintenance tasks.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB ROLE
* Site services covers buildings, systems/services, parks and gardens, mixing plant and all its associated processes and compressed air systems.
Skills and ability (way in which knowledge is used)
* Accuracy: Ensuring all records are correct and complete. Planning: The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely fashion.
* Report writing: The ability to write clear and concise reports when required.
* Communication: The ability to build and develop long standing working relationships with both internal and external customers, in order to ensure that the tasks of the department and business as a whole are met.
General site maintenance to include:
* Lighting and power
* Legionella Control
* Security Systems
* Fire Alarm systems
* Access Systems
* Buildings maintenance
* Develop and maintain good working relationships.
* Ability to follow the planned maintenance programme.
* Ensure the provision of site services assets and processes documentation, manuals and drawings.
* Help populate the planned maintenance system of all site services assets and processes.
* Assist the introduction of new products and processes including any reduction of waste.
* Liaise with H&S department with regard to any proposed new installations or modifications of existing equipment, either permanent or temporary.
* To maintain an open mind at all times to allow effective resolution of both short and long term problems, whether basic or complex in their nature.
Health & Safety
* Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of Health, Safety and Environmental performance by their own actions.
* Consider their own and others health and safety and comply with Health, Safety & Environmental standards at all times.
* Perform tasks, and operate / use equipment / machinery only to the level of their training and competence.
* Assess the Health, Safety & Environmental risks before they carry out tasks and seek advice if they are uncertain.
* Follow site rules / systems and not improvise or compromise where Health, Safety & Environmental standards could be jeopardised.
* Take action whenever they believe that any act, their own or others, contravenes Health, Safety & Environmental standards.
* Report all accidents, injuries, property damage and near misses.
* Ensure any accidents are investigated promptly and any corrective actions identified are implemented as soon as possible.
* Ensure that all PPE is supplied and used properly (keeping a register of use).
* Ensure that all staff (Permanent/Temporary/Agency/Contractor) are aware of the evacuation procedures.
* Report any individuals who break or flout Health & Safety rules and procedures.
Organisational Ability & GMP
* Ensure that you comply with the Company's GMP Standard and wear the appropriate work wear correctly.
* All employees are responsible for ensuring that their workplace is maintained in a clean and tidy manner.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Time served apprenticeship
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS (E.G. Actions, deeds, activities, manners & conduct)
* Flexible / adaptable
* Quality aware
* Respect for colleagues
* Team player
* Positive attitude
* Reliable and dependable
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.