Wales Probation Services is a division of Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC). We provide a broad range of probation services for those on community orders or licenses. We focus on quality of practice to reduce re-offending, improve the safety of the communities we serve and improve the life-chances of our service users.
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) is a high performing organisation delivering a range of rehabilitation and offender management. We are committed to engaging and collaborating with our service users and our local communities.
KSS CRC, part of the Seetec Group, has probation divisions in Wales; Dorset, Devon and Cornwall; Kent, Surrey and Sussex; Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
The role involves providing a professional reception service to all of our visitors both face to face and on the telephone. The role also includes providing a comprehensive administrative service, administering local finances and dealing with all health and safety matters.
Please note that this particular role is for casual work. We require casual staff to cover permanent employees annual leave particularly during evening hours.
* Receiving all visitors to the building including staff, service users and contractors, ensuring contractors are supervised as required whilst on site.
* Processing incoming and outgoing telephone calls, taking messages and answering queries as appropriate.
* Assisting in maintaining Health & Safety and security aspects of the premises, including the testing of alarms, building evacuations, recording and monitoring use of security entry fob system.
* You will be monitoring and recording expenditure, issuing travel warrants and cash, and creating and inputting invoices. You will also have responsibility for ordering stationery and assisting in the ordering of office furniture and equipment.
* Undertake inputting and extracting of data on the computer system, pro-actively obtaining information from service users to ensure up to date and accurate recording.
* Booking meeting rooms, maintaining filing systems and undertaking photocopying and faxing.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of dealing with the public both face to face and on the telephone.
* Experience of defusing difficult situations.
* Experience of providing administrative support
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of people
* Computer skills for inputting and extracting data from information systems.
* Able to prioritise work effectively, be organised and have an ability to
* Numerate and literate with the ability to handle and reconcile cash
* Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team with a flexible and calm approach to work.
Hourly pay rate: £10.35 per hour. You will also receive an annual leave payment of 12.07% of the basic hourly rate.
Other locations also available – Bangor, Colwyn Bay and Flint (please let us know if you are able to travel to any of these).
Hours: As and when required – shifts varying from 1.5 – 4 hours per evening with potential for daytime hours where business need requires it.
KSS CRC s committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependant on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
KSS CRC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV