My client, a successful consumer brand based outside Chester is recruiting a Senior Product Development Assistant to join their Product team. If you have some product development experience and are looking to develop your career within product development, then please get in touch!
* Driving new product developments with minimal input from your direct report, providing product managers with regular updates of progress
* Work on new projects as identified in the Product Development Pipeline – this will require research into the market, competitors, trends, pricing, demographics etc.
* Proofing, communication and handling of packaging process
* Co-ordinating testing of new products with other departments to ensure product is fit for purpose
* Demonstrate an excellent understand of sales performance of new and existing products to inform the future pipeline
* Be proactive in reviewing data and sharing findings/suggestions with your direct report
* Idea generation feedback to create a strong product brief for concept sign off and development
* Sourcing new suppliers globally to support new product requirements.
* Communicating regularly with suppliers to develop new products through all development and production stages.
* Retrieve product cost prices and work out margins
* Present information regarding any new products as and when it is required to other departments in the business.
* Research into new product ideas for all brands and report on this weekly.
* Support Product Manager with any product proposals, product presentations and any other administration tasks as and when directed.
* Must have some experience of working in a product development role
* Good research skills and ability to analyse competitors
* Ability to analyse and identify trends and make recommendations for new product developments
* Confident in managing tasks
* Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload and manage your own tasks
* Good attention to detail
* Excellent ability to work with costs and margins
* Self-motivated, strong team player
Salary £25k + Bonus, 22 days holiday + bank holidays, flexi hours – home working tbc, pension
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.