Senior PCV Mechanic
Permanent contract with full time hours
Brilliant career opportunity for an individual with PCV maintenance, inspection, and diagnosis experience, to join our established business at a time of diversification with new services being delivered.
Llew Jones Ltd is an ambitious family run business based in Llanrwst, North Wales, operating a mixed fleet of coaches for a range of operators including National Express, Leger Silver Service, Shearings, Arena Travel, PGL. The company also supports the local community by providing several local bus services and rail replacement services for Transport for Wales, whilst catering for the various transport needs of the local schools, colleges and private customers.
Llew Jones believes in ‘going the extra mile’ by providing a high-quality service and has in recent years won substantial national and local contracts. Testimony to this, the company is a Gold Operator for National Express winning operator awards in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The company displays resilience in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic, diversifying the services it offers, now with a focus on vehicle conversion and sales. As a result, the business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced PCV Mechanic to join our expanding Workshop Team.
This Senior PCV Mechanic role
As the Senior PCV Mechanic, you’ll take responsibility for inspecting and maintaining PCV vehicles including diagnosing and rectifying defects as part of the Workshop Team, and complete accurate vehicle inspection records. Your duties will also include, although not be limited to:
* Ensuring vehicle defects are rectified effectively and efficiently by utilising stock parts
* Working positively as a team member by sharing knowledge and supporting and mentoring other members of the team
* Completing vehicle records following rectification, inspection and maintenance
* Ensuring labour time and parts used are assigned to the appropriate vehicle
* Identifying and communicating repeat stock requirements to the Storekeeper
* Reporting any defects relating to tools, plant or machinery
* Ensuring repair and maintenance activities comply with legislation and regulation
* Covering out of hours emergencies as part of the on-call team
What will I need to be considered for this Senior PCV Mechanic vacancy?
* Experience with PCV maintenance, inspection, and diagnosis
* Either have a Level 3 Diploma in Bus and Coach Engineering and Maintenance (mechanical), or IRTEC Qualification in Maintenance and Inspection, or equivalent
* Superb communication skills and able to work effectively as part of a small team
* Strong work ethic with a positive hands-on and can-do attitude
* Basic IT literacy for inputting data during inspection and maintenance
* Flexibility towards tasks and hours
Although not essential, a PCV Licence would be advantageous for this role.
What will I receive in return?
Hourly rate with average annual earnings between £32,000 and £34,000, with opportunities for overtime.
You will work from our depot in Llanrwst, and will be employed on a permanent contract working 45 hours per week. Your main hours of work will be Monday to Friday with the start and finish time to be agreed albeit within 7am to 7pm, plus you will be required to work one Saturday morning in every 4.
All applications for this Senior PCV Mechanic vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV