Senior IT Support Engineer (3rd Line Technical Support)
Superb opportunity for a Senior IT Support Engineer with experience working as part of a managed service provider, to join a growing and exciting business undertaking a varied role which includes client interaction.
Established in 2009, Office Equipment Systems (OES) is an award-winning, privately owned business providing a range of professional IT, print and web design services to businesses across the UK.
With a head office located in Denbigh, OES prides itself on its longstanding workforce who feel more like family than colleagues, and the close-knit team are client focused and highly trained to offer tailored solutions with first class support. You will join a welcoming and supportive working environment, where your efforts will be appreciated and rewarded.
The Senior IT Support Engineer role
As a Senior IT Support Engineer, you’ll join a team of 7 colleagues working within the IT Services Team, and will provide both office and field based day to day IT support, administration and maintenance of a variety of hardware, network and software products, delivering outstanding levels of service to a diverse range of businesses throughout North Wales and North West England. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Owning, managing and resolving a full ticket lifecycle
* Providing 1st and 2nd line colleagues with an escalation point to resolve complex IT issues, whether remotely or onsite
* Managing Windows based IT Services such as email and file sharing services delivered via Microsoft technologies such as Windows, Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams
* Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting network, storage and cloud infrastructures
* Strategic planning with project managers and IT managers on solutions to be implemented into new and existing customers along with assisting with large projects (upgrades, rollouts, migrations)
* Maintaining the Professional Services Automation and Remote Monitoring & Management platforms
* Partaking in technical training and personal development
What will I need to be considered for this Senior IT Support Engineer vacancy?
* Proven experience as a Senior IT Support Engineer / 3rd Line Technical Support Engineer gained within a managed service provider
* Experience of administering and supporting the latest Microsoft technologies including Windows Server (up to 2019), Windows (7, 8, 10) Operating Systems and Office 365
* Technical knowledge of Azure, Active Directory, Virtualisation (Windows Hyper-V and VMware), SharePoint, Core Network Fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP / IP and VLAN)
* Technical knowledge in Cyber Security
* Experience of script development and maintenance
* Experience of business continuity platforms (Acronis & Veeam)
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
* Full UK driving licence
Although not essential, the ability to speak Welsh would be highly advantageous for this role.
What will I receive in return?
As a Senior IT Support Engineer, you’ll receive a salary in the region of £27,000 to £30,000, with the level dependent on experience and qualifications, along with:
* Company car, laptop and smartphone
* On-going development within the IT industry
* Annual leave that rises incrementally to a maximum of 30 days + bank holidays
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract working Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, and you will be a member of the on-call rotation shift along with 3 other engineers.
Your office base will be in Denbigh, North Wales, with frequent visits required to customer sites in North Wales and North West England.
All applications for this Senior IT Support Engineer (3rd Line Technical Support Engineer) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV