Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster Regional Manager (North Wales)
The team at BIC Innovation are regarded as market leading business consultants delivering a range of support programmes nationwide.
BIC is a delivery partner for the Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up programme, pan-Wales. The programme is focused on helping Welsh Food & Drink SMEs to survive the immediate Covid-19 crisis, then to stabilise the business and position it to scale up; for food & drink SMEs which have seen increased orders during the pandemic, help them to scale up in a sustainable way.
The Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster will help Wales’ more ambitious food and drink businesses scale up in a sustainable way by increasing understanding of finance, risk management, scale up strategies and diversification, enabling members to offer further employment opportunities.
To deliver the programme in the North Wales region, we have two opportunities for experienced leaders with a background in the food and drink sector, to join us at this exciting time.
What will this Cluster Regional Manager role entail?
Reporting to the Cluster Programme Manager, as a Cluster Regional Manager you will be a champion of the Welsh food and drink sector and scale up best practice, delivering the North Wales Cluster engagement programme. Your role will involve:
* Supporting the Cluster Programme Manager to establish the Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster, and managing recruitment of food & drink businesses in the region to the Cluster
* Creating and managing close relationships with Cluster members, fund providers and colleagues
* Helping Cluster members establish clear, impact driven measurable goals for its scale up strategy with alignment to the overall business growth strategy
* Identifying opportunities for Cluster members to transfer knowledge and best practice about various scale up challenges
* Working with the Cluster Comms Team to identify suitable events and workshops and deliver according to Cluster members’ interests
* Organising/leading study visits (likely to be remote whilst Covid-19 restrictions remain in place) focusing on UK or international scale up clusters/agri-food accelerator programmes
* Providing reports and updates on regional implementation and outcomes
What will I need in order to be considered for this Cluster Regional Manager role?
* Have significant food or drink sector experience at senior level in either operational, commercial, or financial roles
* A high level of financial and business acumen and understanding, to credibly mentor Senior Managers
* Have experience of working with large and smaller businesses, along with an understanding of raising finance and what fund providers are looking for
* Be a confident and engaging facilitator with experience of leading workshops and other one to many events in developing and pivoting business models in response to changing market perceptions
* Full UK driving licence and own transport
Although not essential, the ability to speak Welsh would also be advantageous for this role. The successful candidate is also expected to hold a relevant professional qualification such as accountancy, banking, marketing, or management.
What will I receive in return?
As a Cluster Regional Manager, you’ll be employed by a supportive employer that fosters a work-life balance culture and you will receive:
* A salary in the region of £50,000 to £55,000 with the level dependent on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* An enhanced company contribution pension scheme
* Life assurance x 2 salary
* Option to join our employee share-ownership scheme
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week within Monday to Friday, although applications from candidates preferring part-time hours will be considered.
You will be based in the BIC Innovation office located at the Menai Science Park in Anglesey (North Wales). You will also be travelling to meet with Cluster members across the North Wales region.
Whilst there is some flexibility for part remote working within Wales, you will be based at the BIC Innovation office located at the Menai Science Park in Anglesey (North Wales). You will also be travelling to meet with Cluster members across the North Wales region.
All applications for this Business Consultant / Cluster Regional Manager – North Wales vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV