Retail Supervisor (Garden Centre)
This is a full-time role working 5 days per week, although 4 days may be considered for the right candidate. No evening work required, and one in four weekends off.
Are you looking for a role with variety; where you can directly interact with customers, motivate and lead a team, and have the opportunity to showcase your passion for service, commercial awareness and attention to detail to make a significant impact on a growing business? If so, then this opportunity to join the team at The Woodworks Garden Centre, part of the P&A Group of Companies is not one to be missed.
The Woodworks Garden Centre is proud to be one of the branches on the tree that makes up the P&A Group of Companies, a family run business with a longstanding timber heritage. The original garden centre and factory outlet was formed in 2005 and after steady growth in 2017 was extended and rebranded as The Woodworks, symbolising the growth of the company and its appreciation of nature and the environment.
Situated in the town of Mold, right in the heart of the North Wales borderlands, Woodworks Garden Centre sells everything for the garden from plants to sheds, garden accessories to landscaping products and the very popular Zest 4 Leisure range of garden furniture. Woodworks also has a busy café and a well-stocked gift shop.
The Role – Retail Supervisor
Reporting to the Garden Centre Manager, as the Retail Supervisor your primary role will be to supervise, lead and bring out the best in our customer service team, enabling them to increase sales and deliver consistently high standards of customer satisfaction to establish the reputation of The Woodworks as a destination of choice within its target market.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
* Ensuring staff are knowledgeable about the full product range, including current pricing and seasonal offers and that retail areas are fully stocked and presented to a high standard at all times
* Actively supporting with planning and purchase of stock, both internal and external, to ensure product range is optimised for seasonal demand
* Deputising for the Manager in his absence, assuming overall responsibility including site security
* Ensuring sales are accurately processed at point of sale and supporting the accurate and timely processing of purchase orders, delivery notes and stock transfers in SAP to ensure live stock levels and pricing is accurate and up to date
* Leading and implement the process of reliable cyclic stock takes, reconciling differences to ensure live stock on SAP is accurate and up to date
* Ensuring customer enquiries and complaints are resolved swiftly and positively according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Reviewing, updating and implementing SOPs to ensure maximum efficiency and consistent levels of service
* Supporting with HR and H&S administration such as rotas and holidays, induction and training as appropriate
Our Requirements – Retail Supervisor
* Proven experience in a customer facing retail role at team leader or supervisory level
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
* Good understanding of purchasing and stock management
* Excellent organisation skills, confident in establishing robust processes and procedures
* Numerate with good commercial awareness
* High personal standards and sense of care
* IT literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook
* Solutions focused with a collaborative approach to problem solving skills
* Calm, objective, reliable and conscientious
Although not essential, experience within a trade supplies or garden furniture business would be highly advantageous.
You’ll be part of an award-winning business with a strong focus on staff development, progressive improvement and consistent delivery on our values. We think of our employees as our most valuable asset and encourage every member of the team to use their skills and knowledge to ensure a successful future for the company.
As the Retail Supervisor, you will benefit from:
* A salary of £20,475 (37.5 hours equivalent, pro rata if part time hours preferred)
* Life assurance
* Discretionary profit share bonus scheme
* 20% discount at the Woodworks Garden Centre and Woodworks Café, with 40% off Zest 4 Leisure Garden furniture and decorative ranges
* Long service awards
* 28 days holidays (inclusive of bank holidays), rising to 31 days with length of service
Permanent full-time contract with the possibility to work 4 or 5 days with one weekend in four off on a rota basis. No evening work required. Our opening hours to the public that need to be covered on a rota are: 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday. Working hours may vary.
All applications for this Retail Supervisor are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.