North Wales Jobs
Caretech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Manager to manage a Residential service in Benllech, Anglesey. The service is a four bedded Residential care home, registered for younger adults with Mental Health needs and/or Learning disabilities. We support Adults with a range of varying needs and look to support rehabilitation with mental health and other ASD’s, providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence. We are looking for a highly skilled and organised individual to join an established team.
Responsibilities of a Manager:
· To be responsible and participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment
· To be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and reviews of the practices and systems in the home, to ensure that they meet and exceed the requirements of the service.
· To maintain effective communication and liaison with staff, service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
· To promote positive and personalised outcomes of Service Users
· To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required
· To deliver a high level of quality support to Service Users
· To work as part of a team to provide high quality care
· To recruit, manage, retain and train staff both individually and as team members
The successful candidate for the role will have:
· Previous experience of working with people who have Learning Disability/Mental Health and/or Physical Disabilities, and at least 3-5 years senior/managerial experience in the sector years in a managerial role
· Relevant professional qualification (QCF Level 5) / Accredited vocational qualification as required criteria for Social Care Wales Registration.
· Experience of managing budgets and budget control
· An understanding of and commitment to providing Equal Opportunities
· Knowledge and first-hand experience of current Health & social Care legislation, including the Mental Health Act and Social Services and Well Being (Wales) Act 2014.
· Demonstrable evidence of supporting people in a person centred way.
· A high level of literacy, numeracy and administrative skills together with well-developed communication skills both verbal and written as well the ability to communicate effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally.
· Have sound knowledge and understanding of the CIW Compliance standards and the desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post.
Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Unfortunately due to the large volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all candidates. If you have not heard from us within the next 14 days please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Please do not hesitate to apply for other suitable roles in the future
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.