Wales Probation Services is a division of Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC). We provide a broad range of probation services for those on community orders or licenses. We focus on quality of practice to reduce re-offending, improve the safety of the communities we serve and improve the life-chances of our service users.
Kent, Surrey and Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company (KSS CRC) is a high performing Community Rehabilitation Company delivering a range of rehabilitation and offender management. We are committed to engaging and collaborating with our service users and our local communities.
KSS CRC, part of the Seetec Group, has probation divisions in Wales; Dorset, Devon and Cornwall; Kent, Surrey and Sussex; Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire.
* To ensure Health & Safety and security arrangements are in place and implemented for designated offices to include fire safety, risk assessments, workplace inspections and accident investigations
* Oversee all property, buildings maintenance and cleaning issues in respect of designated offices, liaising with the Facilities Management Helpdesk as required
* Undertake cleaning audits with the Facilities Management Supervisor, record and monitor issues
* Oversee the ordering of stationery and supplies, take responsibility for ordering furniture and equipment as required, liaising with suppliers as appropriate
* Provide line management for the FM Administrators to include induction, supervision and appraisal, training and development, allocation of work, deployment and to assist in the recruitment of FM Administrators
* To be responsible for the management of the reception areas
* Oversee the imprest/petty cash accounts and ensure that these are reconciled and returns sent to the Finance Department in line with KSS CRC policies.
* To work in accordance with KSS CRC safeguarding policies and procedures and assist the team to carry out its duties in a way that protects children and vulnerable adults and promotes their welfare.
* Maintain office systems as required including recording of specialist equipment and archiving.
* Maintain inventories of all equipment (excluding IT) within designated offices
* Undertake admin duties and data inputting as relevant to the Reception.
Skills & Experience
* Experience of dealing with the public both face to face and on the telephone.
* Experience of providing administrative support
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to deal effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of people
* Computer skills for inputting and extracting data from information systems.
* Able to prioritise work effectively, be organised and have an ability to
* Numerate and literate with the ability to handle and reconcile cash
* Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team with a flexible and calm approach to work.
Salary: £19,977 – £22,257 per annum pro rata
Hours: Part time – 11.47 hours per week. Hours will be scheduled to meet the needs of the service area in which your post is located and will be discussed at interview. This will involve providing reception cover for late night reporting.
Benefits: Pro rata of 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24 hour counselling service, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme
KSS CRC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
KSS CRC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV