North Wales Jobs
An Excellent opportunity for an Experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established company based in Saint Asaph!
Having worked in the construction industry for 50 years we have built up a great range of experience across multiple sectors. We also believe in looking to the future and have become more involved in the expanding and innovative building of green homes and renewable technologies as well as having a passion for conserving the past and restoring buildings to their former glory. The company is known for high quality building work and proud of our reputation for great customer service and communication.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor who can work on residential and commercial projects as part of a team or on your own initiative. Projects will vary from renovations to new builds and local authority refurbishment works with the majority of sites in the Denbighshire area and expanding to the whole of North Wales and Cheshire. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the team that takes this company to the next level.
You will be part of a hardworking and reliable team that finishes to a high standard. Various skills required to contribute to our numerous sites and projects.
About the role:
The role of Quantity Surveyor / Estimator is a key part to the company’s future development, firstly by bringing a continuous flow of new business to the table and secondly to streamline the estimating process to identify future opportunities in both competitive tendering and design and build projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing commercial and contractual administration of numerous projects, including identifying opportunities offering best value to the customer, maximising profitability, and limiting commercial risk
The role will involve:
* Prepare and issue subcontract enquiries or trade packages including taking off quantities from drawings
* Carry out analysis, assessment, and comparison of subcontractors' quotations
* Prepare and submit tender documents
* Preparing valuations for interim and final payment applications
* Monitoring site costs and variations
* Manage sub-contractor / material supplier databases
* Attending sites for valuations and site surveys
* Assist with contract and company cash flow
* Completing tendering PQQ’s
What you will need to succeed
Qualifications & Experience
* HNC, HND or BSC in Quantity Surveying (or similar related course / relevant construction industry experience)
* Previous experience working in a contractor’s role (3-5 years essential)
* Experience of estimating construction projects is essential.
* Good knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry
* Working knowledge of standard forms of measurement. SMM7 and CESMM3
* Ability to undertake site measurements
* Driving licence
* Good IT skills – particularly Word and Excel – AutoCAD desirable
* Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and organisation skills
* Good commercial acumen
* Ability to work as part of a close-knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously – both short and long term.
* Numerate to high standard, able to analyse data and produce costs and information for final accounts.
* Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
* Confidence to deal directly with Clients and their design team
What you'll get in return
In return you will become a valued member of a close-knit team, receive a negotiable salary dependent upon skills and experience, training, and benefits. This position will be based in St Asaph and will involve travelling to construction projects around the Northwest.
As stated, salary is dependant on skills and experience and is negotiable but hard work and business development will be rewarded. This position will be working close with the MD in a bid to help develop and move the business on from an already well-established position. The opportunities are vast and we look forward to receiving your CV’s for perusal.
Salary: £30k – £45k per annum dependent on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.