We are a dynamic, award winning property maintenance, refurbishment and new build specialist with 750 colleagues across 26 locations combining local knowledge with the strength that having a national footprint brings. We are a socially and environmentally responsible family run business with a proud 124-year heritage, delivering a range of bespoke services and solutions to a wide variety of clients.
A commercial opportunity has arisen to be part of our growing North West team, we are seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of works from our Bangor office, covering West Wales
* Salary competitive
* Company Car/Car Allowance
* 24 Days Hols & BH
Summary – Quantity Surveyor
The role is to obtain and evaluate information to ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for designated refurbishment/maintenance projects/contracts. Whilst liaising with Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated project/ contracts.
Working on a broad range of works including Social Housing – kitchens/bathroom, rooflines, painting and voids, Public sector – Education and Hospital refurbishments/planned works and Hotel and Leisure. We require a good all round Quantity Surveyor with sector specific experience.
Site working/visits in and around West Wales.
Key Responsibilities – Quantity Surveyor
* Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders to demanding timescales.
* Assist in the development of the procurement programme.
* Prepare and monitor cash flow forecast for designated projects.
* Prepare and submit monthly applications for payment to the Client/Client’s representative.
* Prepare monthly valuation reports for Novus Property Solutions Ltd Senior Management.
* Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time.
* Value and authorise payments to sub-contractors.
* Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements.
* Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary, building relationships and demonstrating excellent communication skills.
* Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale.
* Assist in the control of individual contract budgets.
Key skills and Qualifications
* Holds the relevant qualifications
* Must be an experienced Quantity Surveyor
* Ideally to have worked with the public sector
* Social Housing/Planned Works experience essential
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel and hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Successful candidates can look forward to a varied and rewarding career with a company that holds the Investors in People accreditation and was the Construction News Awards Winner of Employer of the Year.
Applications are welcomed from all as we are a registered Equal Opportunities Employer. We are a socially and environmentally responsible national building and maintenance Company
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV