Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission – to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“My team has been assembled to complete the decommissioning work at Trawsfynydd. As a team we are finding innovative ways to break new ground for a more sustainable solution to decommissioning former nuclear power plants.
EPIC is the only way to describe the environment we work and live in at Trawsfynydd with their unique locations and culture which provides a great work life balance; close to golden beaches in Anglesey as well as the rugged peaks of Snowdonia.”
* Responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of decommissioning projects to time, cost and quality targets
* Successful internal and external customer and stakeholder management
* Define project delivery baselines and operate project control processes
* Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team
* Manage the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigate mitigation measures or other appropriate actions.
* Actively and effectively communicate with management teams, co-workers, clients, contractors and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
* Essential – Educated to HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* Essential – APM Practitioner Qualification or equivalent
* Essential – 3 years’ experience of delivering projects in a highly regulated industry including; engineering, procurement, construction/construction management
* Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges
* CITB Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate or equivalent
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
* 25 days annual leave
* Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
* Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
Please be aware this role holder requires Basic Security clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, we therefore particularly welcome applications from Women, Black, Asian and Ethnic Minorities, LGBT+ and candidates with a disability as they are all underrepresented in our workforce.
We are happy to talk flexible working where possible.
The application process for this position will close at 23:59 on July 14th 202
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.