Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Engineering bias)
A newly created position for a mechanical engineering professional with a background of working within a manufacturing plant or heavy industrial environment, to join our team at Hydro Aluminium Deeside, based on the Wrexham Industrial Estate in North Wales.
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees working across 40 countries, combining local expertise and unmatched capabilities in R&D. We cover the entire value chain of aluminium, from raw material extraction to developing sustainable aluminium solutions of the future.
Hydro Aluminium Deeside produces up to 63,000 tonnes of high-quality extrusion ingots (billets) per year, recycling a mix of end of life scrap and process scrap. Although we are part of a globally successful organisation, the 46-person team based within the Wrexham site feel more like family than colleagues, and we understand our people are our number one asset.
The Role – Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer
Supporting our Production and Maintenance Manager, as a Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer you will undertake a varied, hands on role, where your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Executing improvement projects on identified areas using internal and external resources
* Planning projects by managing costs, resources and timings to fit in with the plant’s production requirements and schedule
* Reviewing improvements and projects to ensure success measures are achieved
* Aiding in technical support for plant issues as required
* Supporting the plant’s continuous improvement of maintenance systems and reliability engineering
* Updating all plant systems to reflect changes made (PMs, spares, drawings etc)
You should be prepared to be flexible and hands on with modifications and rectifications of all site equipment. There is also an expectation that you will develop in this role to fully understand all of the production equipment on site.
Our Requirements – Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer
* Be a time served Engineer with experience gained within a manufacturing plant or heavy industrial environment, perhaps as either a Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer or Project Engineer
* Minimum HNC level qualification, preferably degree level
* Experience of leading and managing projects
* IT literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
Although not essential, experience and knowledge of the following would be advantageous:
* Electrical engineering
* Advanced data analytics
* SAP for purchasing
As the Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer, you will benefit from:
* Permanent contract with full time hours Monday to Friday 8:15am to 4:45pm
* Salary in the region of £45,000 (potentially negotiable for applicants with significant experience to offer), plus bonus
* 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising incrementally to a maximum of 28 days
* Contributory pension scheme, matching company contribution up to 10%
* Life insurance and private medical insurance
* Contribution towards eye tests, frames and fully paid for lenses
All applications for this Project Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer (Mechanical Engineering bias) role are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV