Monolith is the leading independent specialist manufacturer and distributor of enhanced brick and stone products for the construction industry. Based in North Wales, we serve both national and international customers, as the creators and manufacturers of StonePlus and BrickPlus, which are lightweight alternatives to brickslip systems and traditional stone features.
We are experiencing a period of rapid growth, and as a result we have an exciting opportunity for a Production Supervisor with proven experience of people management and great interpersonal skills, to take on the challenge of running our Production Team to the highest standard.
The Production Supervisor role
Reporting to the General Manager, as the Production Supervisor you will be required to learn all aspects of how our production function works, and you will be expected to problem solve, plan and react to an evolving environment, as increased demand results in an increase in capacity.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Leading a Production Team of approximately 7 in accordance with direction from the General Manager, and regularly communicating with management
* Overseeing all production operations, ensuring adherence to processes and methods
* Completing production documentation, inputting figures
* Implementing continuous improvement methodology and reducing waste
* Monitoring quality control of manufactured products
* Maintaining and reporting on production targets
* Ensuring maintenance checks are carried out and equipment is maintained
* Providing appropriate training and toolbox talks when required
* Closing down and locking up building / machinery
What do I need to be considered for this Production Supervisor vacancy?
* Proven experience within a production supervisory or management role, gained within either a fast-paced manufacturing, construction or factory environment
* Experience of people management, with the ability to create and maintain good working relationship at all levels
* Excellent problem solving and organisational skills
* IT literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Eligibility to work in the UK (no option for sponsored employment visa at present)
As the Production Supervisor, you’ll receive a competitive salary, plus attractive benefits including:
* 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, rising by 1 day per year, to a maximum of 25 days
* Health cash plan
* Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. You’ll be based at our site in Denbigh, North Wales.
All applications for this Production Supervisor vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV