North Wales Jobs
Principal or Senior Transmission Design Engineer: As a result of ongoing innovation and development of a number of new exciting products, an opportunity has arisen for a Transmissions Engineer reporting directly to the Engineering Manager and working closely with an experienced transmissions team.
Transmissions Design Engineer Role:
* Lead a team of Design Engineers in the design and layout of transmission assemblies and components – Gears, shafts, clutches, casings, bearings, seals, mechanical linkages, and installation in vehicle.
* Production of "Front end design" concept schemes and proposal work in support of new transmissions product introduction.
* Ensuring that designs are completed to Company group standards and are delivered within agreed timescales.
* Design verification / checking and authority for engineering change release within agreed timescales.
* BoM creation and configuration management.
* Supervision and organization of prototype and development transmission builds to support machine and test rig development.
* Developing and improving transmissions systems and processes.
* Support the development department in the design of transmission test rigs and definition and application of test specifications.
* Effective design for manufacture and concurrent review of designs with manufacturing and purchasing teams to ensure products are manufactured and assembled with minimal impact on lead time and cost.
* Liaise with purchasing team and suppliers in support of ongoing VAVE activity.
* Working closely with service departments to achieve timely close out of service concerns in support of warranty claims and achieving targets.
* Undertake review and closure of engineering concessions.
Transmissions Design Engineer Requirements:
Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar subject (although alternative higher qualifications may be considered).
Demonstrable delivery of high value rotating machinery designs (preferably transmissions / driveline products).
3D CAD modelling and detail draughting experience (preferably Unigraphics NX6 or other CAD packages)
Previous supervisory experience.
Design for manufacture – prototype and volume castings, machined components.
Experience of hydraulic systems and electronic controls interface beneficial.
Off highway transmissions design.
Hydraulic system design.
Previous project management.
Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
Good inter-personnel skills.
A sense of urgency and ownership of the project in hand.
A willingness to take decisions.
An ability to communicate clearly across the organisation.
In addition to an excellent salary and career progression and development opportunities, our Client offers an excellent pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
This vacancy is only available to Candidates with relevant experience as detailed in the job description. Due to volume of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants who do not possess the required skills and experience. Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of industry experience need not apply.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the country where this role is located BEFORE making an application
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.