Our client, a well-established Housing Association based in Gwynedd, is currently recruiting for an Outreach & Resettlement Worker on a temporary contract for up to two months. The role will be based from home however will require site based work across the Gwynedd region.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Co-ordinating and leading on housing advice for homeless people, those threatened with homelessness and rough sleepers
* Liaising with relevant local agencies, to provide housing advice sessions at a range of locations
* Engaging with rough sleepers in order to identify people who would benefit from the service and conducting street outreach work
* Assessing and supporting the service users to successfully resettle from their homeless situation and to maintain their tenancy, by providing advice and support as needed
* Liaising and networking effectively with voluntary and statutory agencies
* Attending meetings on behalf of the Housing Association at a local and national level
* Promoting and participating in the process of tenant consultation and participation, including providing information to tenants, attending residents’ and outside agencies’ meetings, including occasional out-of-hours meetings
* Supporting service users in their preparation for their “move on” to more independent accommodation
* Experience working with rough sleepers and getting them into temporary accommodation
* Working with multiple agencies to successfully resettle homeless service users
* 35 hours per week
* Monday – Friday 9am-5pm (some flexibility offered)
Please note that you require an Enhanced DBS check to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Homeless; Outreach; Engagement; Resettlement; Temporary Accommodation;
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV