Operations Supervisor, x2 roles
Superb opportunities to join our established business at a time of growth and transformation.
Llew Jones Ltd is an ambitious family run business based in Llanrwst, North Wales, operating a mixed fleet of coaches for a range of operators including National Express, Leger Silver Service, Shearings, Arena Travel, Lochs and Glens. The company also supports the local community by providing several local bus services and rail replacement services for Transport for Wales, whilst catering for the various transport needs of the local schools, colleges and private customers.
Llew Jones believes in ‘going the extra mile’ by providing a high-quality service and has in recent years won substantial national and local contracts. Testimony to this, the company is a Gold Operator for National Express winning operator awards in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The company displays resilience in the face of the Covid-19 pandemic and is now in preparing for the anticipated upturn in demand across all its frontline services. As a result, the business has exciting opportunities for bright, dynamic individuals with excellent problem-solving skills, to work in our busy operations centre and manage and develop key customer relationships.
We have two newly created Operations Supervisor roles:
One Operations Supervisor will focus on live/emergency operations, managing the weekend stand-by driver team to cover short notice/emergency work, and liaising with the on-call manager and mechanic as required. The full-time working pattern for this role is compressed hours Friday to Monday.
The other Operations Supervisor role will focus on relationship management, managing key account customer relations and the administration of tour work and National Express, to ensure the provision of a quality service. The full-time working pattern for this role is mid-day Monday to mid-day Friday, although flexibility will be required for some weekend work when necessary.
For both roles, duties will include, although not be limited to:
* Allocating duties to drivers via our industry software system
* Ensuring all drivers are notified of changes to allocated work
* Undertaking basic line-management duties with drivers
* Checking driver and vehicle standards
* Undertaking basic vehicle checks
* Checking timesheets and receipts and preparing records for payroll
* Answering general enquiries and responding to accidents and/or breakdowns and vehicle/staff changes
* Investigating complaints, incidents and accidents and ensuring completion of records
* Covering out of hours emergencies as part of the on-call team
As an Operations Supervisor, you will work from our offices in Llanrwst, be employed on a permanent contract with full time hours, and will receive a salary in the region of £25,000 to £29,500 with the level depending on shift pattern and experience.
What will I need to be considered for these Operations Supervisor vacancies?
* Experience gained within a busy working environment undertaking a demanding role involving plenty of people interaction and requiring a high level of organisation
* Ability to be decisive and accurate when dealing with problems under pressure
* Superb communication skills and the confidence to interact with customers and staff
* Good UK geographical knowledge
* Strong work ethic with a positive hands-on and can-do attitude
* Good IT literacy for inputting data and experienced in the use of email, Word and basic Excel
* Flexibility towards tasks and hours
Although not essential, a background within logistics or transport would be highly advantageous.
All applications for these Operations Supervisor vacancies are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV