Rewarding career opportunity for an engaging people leader with exceptional organisation and problem-solving skills, experience in resource planning and management, and the ability to take both a strategic and a hands-on approach while undertaking a key role as part of a busy, dynamic operations environment.
Llew Jones Ltd is an ambitious family run business based in Llanrwst, North Wales, operating a mixed fleet of coaches for a range of operators including National Express, Leger Silver Service, Shearings, Arena Travel, Lochs and Glens. The company also supports the local community by providing several local bus services and rail replacement services for Transport for Wales, whilst catering for the various transport needs of the local schools, colleges and private customers.
Llew Jones believes in ‘going the extra mile’ by providing a high-quality service and has in recent years won substantial national and local contracts. Testimony to this, the company is a Gold Operator for National Express winning operator awards in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Our business has an exciting opportunity for a skilled, dynamic individual with excellent leadership and problem-solving skills, to lead the busy operations centre and manage and develop key customer relationships.
The Role – Operations Manager
As the Operations Manager, you will focus on resource allocation ensuring the most suitable drivers and vehicles are allocated to meet customer requirements.
You will need to build and maintain excellent relationships with all stakeholders both internally and externally, oversee and deal with issues arising from live/emergency operations, and manage the operations daily supervisor team to cover short notice/emergency work.
Duties will include, although will not be limited to:
* Allocating resources to customer requirements via industry software in the most effective and financially efficient manner and in full compliance with Industry Regulations.
* Leading and managing the team of Daily Supervisors ensuring all supervisory checks are completed to the required standard.
* Undertaking full line-management duties with drivers including regular supervision and appraisal – encouraging, praising and supporting individual development
* Managing the National Express contract to meet Gold Standard requirements.
* Managing Tours from receipt of Tour Pack to allocation of resources and Driver Briefings.
* Undertaking Customer Satisfaction surveys with companies and/or passengers and acting on feedback.
* Ensuring all drivers are notified of changes to allocated work and associated systems are updated.
* Spot checking driver and vehicle standards
* Checking timesheets and receipts and preparing records for payroll
* Ensuring daily supervisors respond appropriately to accidents and/or breakdowns and vehicle/staff changes.
* Investigating complaints, incidents and accidents and ensuring completion of records, and lessons learned are communicated to appropriate personnel.
As the Operations Manager, you will work from our offices in Llanrwst, and will benefit from:
* Salary of £37,500 plus on-call approx. £1300 per year
* Free transport on Llew Jones bus services
* Permanent contract
* Full time hours working 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday. You will also need to be flexible to cover out of hours emergencies as part of the on-call team, working on a rota 1 week in 4.
Our Requirements – Operations Manager vacancy
* Experience of resource management gained within a busy, dynamic working environment
* Proven management and leadership skills, with a proactive, engaging and positive approach (ILM 5 or equivalent desirable)
* Confident and able to be decisive and accurate when dealing with problems under pressure
* Superb communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work in a highly autonomous role whilst as part of a collaborative team
* Good UK geographical knowledge
* Good IT literacy for inputting data and experienced in the use of email, Word and basic Excel
Although not essential, experience gained within transport or logistics would be advantageous. You will need to develop a full understanding of Drivers Hours Regulations (training and full guidance will be available).
Applications for this Operations Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.