Typical responsibilities will include:
· Diagnose mechanical and electrical breakdowns, assessing the best course of action and conducting a performance repair
· Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production
· Follow preventative maintenance and liaise with Engineering Manager regarding spare parts requirements
· Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times
· Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
· Proactively identify ways to increase efficiency and effectiveness of repairs through modern lean thinking and techniques
· Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood
What's required from you?
· At least 4 Year Apprenticeship training (Multi-skilled preferable)
· Experience with equipment maintenance techniques, such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), and Predictive/Preventive Maintenance Techniques.
· Experience in PLC fault finding using either Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi or Siemens PLC’s
· Qualified to a minimum of HNC / HND
· Previous Food manufacturing and FMCG experience will be an advantage but is not essential
· Strong team player who can support your colleagues and get involved in various tasks
· Understanding of HACCP and BRC standards
· You must be comfortable with working rotational shift patterns
What are we Offering?
Salary: £16.55 per hour plus an 8% shift premium which may very dependent on the shift pattern worked)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Bonus: Annual bonus scheme up to 10% dependant on business and personal performance
Pension Scheme: Employee contributions 5% / Employer contribution 8%
Holidays: 25 days (Pro Rata) + Bank Holidays
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV