Mechanical Fitter / Service Engineer
Superb career opportunity that is ideal for a professional who has either; experience building printing machinery; worked as a field service engineer and perhaps looking to be more site based and move away from travelling; or a time served mechanic with a background restoring car engines.
Unimaq Ltd is a global leader specialising in the design, development and manufacturing of large precision machines and equipment to print preformed beverage cans at speeds exceeding 2000 cans per minute. The fully automated high-speed machines are designed, manufactured, built, and tested in Wrexham before being exported all over the world.
Established for more than 20 years, we pride ourselves on innovation, boasting a highly knowledgeable, expert, and multicultural workforce who benefit from a friendly environment with a strong emphasis on individual autonomy, teamwork, and business involvement.
The Role – Mechanical Fitter / Service Engineer
Working as part of a team within a machine shop environment, as a Mechanical Fitter / Service Engineer you will put your keen eye for detail to good use whilst assembling, installing, maintaining, testing, and dismantling complex machinery and mechanisms, working to precise tolerances to ensure that the specifications within design drawings are achieved.
Your duties will include although will not be limited to:
* Examining drawings and specifications to establish job, material and equipment requirements
* Fitting and assembling metal parts, tools or sub-assemblies including welding or brazing parts
* Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
* Checking accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies
* Dismantling faulty tools and assemblies and repairing or replacing defective parts
* Taking control of the through life responsibility of machinery, systems and equipment, from initial assembly through to eventual disassembly
Our Requirements – Mechanical Fitter / Service Engineer
* Proven experience building precision machinery, preferably although not essential – printing machinery or motor engines
* A passion for technical work and strong practical ability
* The ability to work independently using your own initiative
* Excellent accuracy skills and a keen eye for detail
* Good hand-eye coordination
As a Mechanical Fitter / Service Engineer, you’ll be part of a friendly working environment, where you’ll be encouraged to work independently on your own initiative, whilst benefitting from:
* A salary in the region of £24,000 to £32,000 with the level dependent on experience, plus paid overtime where applicable
* Private pension and healthcare cover after one years’ service
* Permanent contract with full time hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm (flexibility required)
You’ll be based at our site on the Wrexham Industrial Estate in North Wales.
All applications for this Mechanical Fitter / Service Engineer vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.