Working for a large Employer in Deeside, we are seeking an experienced Maintenance and Facilities Manager to join our client on a full time, permanent basis. Hours are Monday to Friday between 6am – 10.30pm (rota, 40 hours per week).
You'll be managing a small team, and the key purpose of the role is:
* To take responsibility for all aspects of facilities, building maintenance and management across the site.
* This will include the management of all facilities, operational areas and equipment with support from the Maintenance Manager who will report directly into you and his team made up of two Maintenance Technicians and an Apprentice.
* You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development of the energy and environmental strategy.
* To take responsibility for overseeing maintenance efforts across the business. Managing maintenance activities for the upkeep of buildings, equipment, landscapes, vehicles and offices. Oversee a range of maintenance activities. Resolve problems as they arise whether directly or by assembling teams to solve those issues.
* Ensure a well-maintained, safe working environment and be first point of contact for all buildings and utilities related queries
* Ongoing development of planned and preventative maintenance strategies, including statutory, regulatory and legal requirements
* Manage the day to day relationship with all outsourced service providers ensuring that suppliers and their staff are operating within the contract and agreed plans
* Coordinate and carry out maintenance worker efforts to make sure employer property, equipment, buildings and grounds are kept up.
* Involved with and oversee any new equipment including involvement with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) through to customer acceptance testing. Advising management of any concerns raised.
* Maintain and control stocks to ensure correct parts are on site at all times
* Review and manage contracts across the business such as security, vending machines etc.
* Development of Carbon reduction initiatives along with an energy reduction strategy for the site
* Keeping up to date with current trends and technology within the Energy and Environmental sector
* Coordinate efforts across maintenance and facilities staff to make sure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion
* Fleet management of company owned and hire vehicles including the co-ordination of the purchase and disposal of vehicles
* Delivering projects to time and to budget
* Delivering strict financial controls over all facilities and maintenance spend ensuring that the optimum value for money is achieved
* Development and maintenance of a strong safety culture within the department taking responsibility to ensure all health and safety certification is in place.
* In addition to these functions, you will be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
* An influential, technically competent and enthusiastic person
* Ability to develop the Facilities and Maintenance strategy and lead the team.
* A foundation degree or level 3 degree in Facilities management or Building services management
* A related qualification such as IOSH, NEBOSH or BIFM or willing to enroll on such a qualification along with a strong understanding of energy saving and environmental legislation is essential.
* Experience in sourcing suppliers, negotiating prices and running tender processes as well as a demonstrable track record of performance against key performance indicators delivery and cost.
* MHE experience
* Drivers licence is essential
Roberts Webb Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV