As part of the laboratories team, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing geological and environmental samples which critically underpin an exciting and diverse range of commercial and research projects at CGG. These samples are analysed by our geological analysis and interpretation teams to help our clients better understand their surface challenges. CGG works on a diverse portfolio of projects, including hydrocarbon and mineral resources, renewable energy, carbon capture, utilisation, and storage (CCUS) and environmental change, pollution, and contamination. The Laboratory Technician is expected to work in a team, based at our laboratories in North Wales and other locations in the UK and overseas, including wellsite work. Depending on your experience, interests and with training, you may work in multiple laboratories involving wet chemistry (e.g., acids and solvents), specialist machinery (e.g., rock saw, thin sectioning, filtration), and advanced analytical equipment. The Laboratory Technician is expected to plan and prioritise their workload with minimal supervision and adopt a flexible and proactive mindset. Awareness and adoption of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Quality standards are important criteria for this role.
* To prepare high quality geological and environmental samples using established and bespoke laboratory procedures, working with minimal supervision as part of a multi-disciplined team.
* Use conventional and bespoke approaches, with guidance from the team, in order to prepare challenging sample materials.
* Help drive the laboratories forward, circulating ideas and suggestions for workflow improvements within the wider laboratory team.
* Ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget to a high quality;
* To liaise with clients (internal and external) on projects and workflows to provide a best-in-class service;
* Data capture and analysis using general (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and bespoke software and data systems;
* Conform to legislative and company policies and procedures, including attention to HSE and quality control.
* Expected to work at other locations in the UK or oversees, including onshore and offshore (wellsite and on vessels)
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.