BDS are currently recruiting for a Housing Support Worker for a large charitable organisation to cover Conwy, the service supports vulnerable people.
The service will support people residing in temporary accommodation who have multiple, high level needs to obtain and maintain a home and lead a stable, independent life.
Duties and responsibilities;
* Provide an enabling, personal centered, collaborative and strong partnership approach, working closely with other organisations within the community to maximize opportunities where possible
* Work with people to support their goals, dreams and aspirations offering personal, beneficial and emotional support.
* Regularly review support plans to record and monitor progress for each person within your remit.
* Liaise with landlords both social and private aswell as the homeless prevention team in Conwy. To support each person access accommodation of their choice aswell as help with furniture, benefits advice etc.
* Develop and maintain relationships with people to enable person-centred support
* Supporting people to manage their own lives and home to their full potential including dealing with benefits, budgeting and neighbour relations.
1. Maintain contact with tenants in accordance with the requirements of the service.
2. Design and deliver an effective support plan that meets tenants needs and results in a successful move into independent living.
3. Actively engage with tenants in issues and decisions that affect them.
4. Develop professional relationships with a range of external agencies that supports the on-going needs of tenants.
5. Develop a move-on plan for residents at the earliest opportunity, identifying realistic options for independent or more appropriate housing.
Candidate should have:
* Experience of supporting people to obtain accommodation
* Experience of person centred t planning and working with people with multiple, co-occurring high level needs
* A good understanding of the housing first principles
This is an temporary ongoing role.
Payrate is £11.86 PAYE plus holiday pay.
Hours are full time Monday to Friday.
To be considered you will need a driving license and access to a vehicle and also an Enhanced DBS (must be dated in the past 12 months or on the updates service)
Apply now for immediate consideration
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV