Head of Continuous Improvement
Monday – Friday
When you join 2 Sisters, you will become part of the UK’s largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 9,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
This is a newly created divisional role is an exciting opportunity for someone to lead the CI initiative across our site in Sandycroft. You will provide relevant expertise in the recognised 'best in class' business improvement activities, standards and skills to enable our sites to fulfil the business plans targets to drive exceptional improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth.
More about the role:
* Work with the leadership team to facilitate the development of future state value stream maps that support the strategic priorities of the business.
* Lead the execution of the Business Improvement (BI) plan for all manufacturing units, ensuring that cross functional teams are engaged to focus on the specific priority areas and have the appropriate tools and/or necessary support to utilise them effectively
* Deliver training on CI and site wide initiatives.
* Provide coaching and hands on support for the use of foundation elements of the business improvement toolkit to build practical experience and ongoing capability
* Selection of tools, from the UK tool kit based on nature of the problem and the business need, to make businesses improvements and promote the development of the manufacturing unit and provide overview to senior leaders at leadership meetings
* Draw on divisional best practice and benchmarking to inform manufacturing unit application of tools and solutions
* Review and analyse scorecard performance for the Manufacturing Unit teams to ensure data integrity, generate insight and action improvement plans which develop current performance
* Currently working in the food industry leading into the majors with experience with M&S Plan A lean
* Diploma or equivalent Business Improvement vocational qualifications
* Previous manufacturing experience in a recognised world class / lean enterprise
* Proven track record of leading changes and delivering results as a Lean sigma practitioner either as an external or internal consultant
* Effective leader of business process change process
* Qualified as black belt/ Lean six sigma Green Belt certified
* PC literacy – use of standard MS office suite
* Ability to deliver behavioural training and coaching
* Experience of facilitating group problem solving sessions facilitation
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills – diagnose, develop and deliver improvements
* Strong project planning and organisational skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills and facilitation of groups toward deliverables
* Experience in Lean / Kaizen / Continuous improvement both as a team member and team leader preferred
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
We want to make YOU the future of our business.
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV