North Wales Jobs
We have a range of positions already available, or becoming available shortly, in schools and academies in this area that are suitable for graduates who are interested in teaching and/ or supporting teaching either as:
an 'unqualified teacher' graduate coversupervisor;
These positions are not suitable for all graduates. They are only suitable for:
(1) Graduates who have some relevant prior experience teaching or working in a classroom setting or tutoring, mentoring or coaching others;
(2) Graduates who have no or limited relevant prior experience but who consider they have the skills and strength of character to be able to hit the ground running;
(3) UK qualified teachers who have been out of teaching for some time and who would like to ease themselves back in before resuming qualified teaching permanently.
Schools, academies and other educational establishments are particularly interested in recruiting and/ or employing graduates who are able to teach and/ or support the teaching of those specialisms for which they find it hardest to find teaching and other staff. These specialisms include:
Business/ business studies/ economics
Design & technology/ Electronics/ Food technology/ Graphic products/ Resistant materials/ Systems and controls/ Textiles technology/ Product design
English Language/ Literature
Maths/ mathematics/ numeracy
Modern languages/ French/ Spanish
Science/ Chemistry/ Physics/ Biology
PE / Sports / Coaching
The specific roles or positions being advertised through this job advert are for graduates who are able to hit the ground running and to start immediately at the unqualified teacher role. There may be other roles and positions starting at the teaching assistant level for graduates who have less experience and who will take longer. In all cases, however, the expectation is that graduates will progress and taken on greater responsibilities over the period for working for Prospero Teaching.
Please only respond to this job advert if you:
>are already a graduate or are an undergraduate in the final year of your degree course;
>have the right to remain and to work permanently in the UK;
>are numerate, literate and able to communicate effectively using the English language
>are genuinely interested in working and teaching with a view to becoming a teacher and/ or starting or resuming a teaching career;
>already have or are willing to gain the necessary academic knowledge and understanding to teach a specialism effectively (secondary only).
These positions advertised through this job advert are not suitable for all graduates and will only suit those more experienced or confident graduates who are able to hit the ground running.
* Location – Wrexham
* Position – Cover Supervisor / Teaching Assistant
* Type of work – General Cover / 1:1 Support / General Classroom Assistant
* Contract or position start date – September 21
* Duration / Likely Duration – Ongoing
* Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – Temporary
* Full time/part time – Full and part time contacts available
* Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £70/day
* Hours – 8:45 am – 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
*Educated to degree level
*Experience tutoring, coaching or similar
*Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (we can assist)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
*Hold Right to Work in the UK
*Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
*Provide two professional child related references
If you are driven, motivated and aim to enhance the educational experience of the pupils that you work with then please apply by emailing Lawrence or Jess a copy of your CV – (url removed)/(url removed). Alternitively, call Lawrence/Jess on (phone number removed).
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
*Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
*In-house Training and Development Team
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.