Orthios (the group) is an ambitious company dedicated to the creation of an Eco Park and Energy Centre in Holyhead, focused on developing Green Technologies while creating employment opportunities.
Orthios acquired the 213-acre property in late 2015 and have taken on the responsibility of remediating the site and introducing a range of new sustainable businesses. The first business, “Plastic to Oil” is due to enter operation in early 2021, with additional businesses to follow afterwards.
As the business transitions into the operational phase our finance team are starting to grow in order to manage the business expansion in a professional manner. Orthios are seeking to immediately recruit a Financial Controller whose focus will be on cash management and preparing monthly management accounts while the first business goes into operation.
The Financial Controller role:
You will be part of an established dynamic and innovative team and will work closely with our Chief Financial Officer. This is a highly autonomous, key role within the business, and your remit will be to:
* Prepare 13-week rolling cash flow forecast (Opex/ Capex / Multi-entity)
* Prepare month end treasury report (Actual v. Budget & Actual v. Forecast)
* Produce monthly management accounts (Entity and combined)
* Provide extensive reporting to our Board of Directors
You will also be involved with:
* Continuous improvement of Sage 50 accounting software installation and related business processes
* Development of new ERP installation and related business processes
* Documenting procedures and processes
* Development of a new Financial Shared Services Organisation
* Preparing of budgets and forecasts
You will be part of a highly motivated and committed workforce, within a company culture where personal development, effective communication, and maintenance of a professional, respectful environment is at the core.
As the Financial Controller you will work from our site in Holyhead (although there is potential for part home working) and will be employed on a permanent contract with full time hours. You’ll benefit from:
* A salary in the region of £40,000 to £60,000 with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
* Excellent scope for further career development and progression
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* 4% employer contributory pension scheme based on qualifying salary
* Access to 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
* Access to retailer discounts
We encourage a healthy work life balance, with supportive diversity and equality policies around working arrangements.
Requirements for this Financial Controller role:
* Proven experience as a Financial Controller with solid working knowledge of preparing management accounts, statutory accounts, and cash flow forecasting. Your experience will have been gained within an industrial/manufacturing environment with a business achieving in the region of £20-£250m turnover
* Resilient and comfortable in rapidly changing environment
* An excellent communicator, influencing and communication skills
* Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
* High level of IT Literacy incl. working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Full UK Driving licence
Although not essential, it is preferred that the successful applicant will be a Chartered Accountant ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
All applications for this Financial Controller vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV