Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster Business Analyst & Research Manager
There is flexibility for part remote working within Wales, however you will be based at your nearest BIC Innovation office located in North Wales or South Wales. There will be a requirement to travel throughout Wales.
The Company & Programme
The team at BIC Innovation are regarded as market leading business consultants delivering a range of support programmes nationwide.
BIC is a delivery partner for the Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up programme, pan-Wales. The programme is focused on helping Welsh Food & Drink SMEs to survive the immediate Covid-19 crisis, then to stabilise the business and position it to scale up; for food & drink SMEs which have seen increased orders during the pandemic, help them to scale up in a sustainable way.
The Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster will help Wales’ more ambitious food and drink businesses grow in size and offer further employment opportunities.
To support the delivery of the programme, we have an opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst or research professional to join us at this exciting time.
What will this Business Analyst & Research Manager role entail?
Reporting to the Cluster Programme Manager, as the Cluster Business Analyst & Research Manager, you will provide the Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster with actionable insight and analysis relating to scale up and funding/investment trends for the benefit of Cluster members and as part of the Cluster programme of activities. Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing and delivering all research, insight & intelligence elements of the Welsh Food & Drink Sustainable Scale Up Cluster
* Working with the Cluster Communications & Events team to deliver insight led communications that upskill cluster members
* Working with the Cluster Programme Manager to deliver the Annual Report and conference
* Supporting the Cluster Programme Director & Manager to ensure the long-term sustainability of the cluster
* Developing and maintaining relationships with similar UK and international clusters and agri-food accelerator programmes
What will I need in order to be considered for this Business Analyst & Research Manager role?
* Significant experience working at a senior level as a business analyst or research type role in a relevant sector such as food and drink, professional services, banking and finance, management consulting
* High level of knowledge about funding and finance, including different forms of finance and financial instruments, understanding P&L and balance sheets, concepts such as ROI, breakeven, cash-flow and working capital
* Significant experience of analysing and interpreting complex data and trends into actionable insights easily understood by business owners who may not be financially literate
* Experience of presenting data and trends and drawing out implications and recommendations
* Wide experience and knowledge of using and interrogating a range of data insight sources
The successful candidate is expected to have an appropriate professional qualification such as accountancy, banking, finance, or research.
What will I receive in return?
As the Business Analyst & Research Manager, you’ll be employed by a supportive employer that fosters a work-life balance culture and you will receive:
* a salary in the region of £45,000 to £50,000 with the level dependent on experience
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* An enhanced company contribution pension scheme
* Life assurance x 2 salary
* Option to join our employee share-ownership scheme
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week within Monday to Friday.
Whilst there is some flexibility for part remote working within Wales, you will be based at your nearest BIC Innovation office, located in the SONY Technology Centre in Pencoed (near Bridgend, South Wales), or at the Menai Science Park in Anglesey (North Wales). There will be a requirement to travel throughout Wales.
All applications for this Finance Business Analyst & Research Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV