Facilities & Maintenance Manager – Warehouse
Hours: Monday to Friday; 40 hours per week, usually 8am – 4.30pm however flexibility required between the hours of 6.00am and 10.30pm
£40k rising to £45k after 6 months
* Responsible for all aspects of facilities, building maintenance and management across the Deeside site.
* Management of all facilities, operational areas and equipment with support from the Maintenance Manager who will report directly into you and his team made up of two Maintenance Technicians and an Apprentice.
* Responsible for supporting the ongoing development of the energy and environmental strategy.
* Overseeing maintenance efforts across the business. Managing maintenance activities for the upkeep of buildings, equipment, landscapes, vehicles and offices. Oversee a range of maintenance activities.
* Ongoing development of planned and preventative maintenance strategies, including statutory, regulatory and legal requirements
* Manage the day to day relationship with all outsourced service providers ensuring that suppliers and their staff are operating within the contract and agreed plans
* Coordinate and carry out maintenance worker efforts to make sure employer property, equipment, buildings and grounds are kept up.
* Involved with and oversee any new equipment including involvement with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) through to customer acceptance testing. Advising management of any concerns raised.
* Maintain and control stocks to ensure correct parts are on site at all times
* Review and manage contracts across the business such as security, vending machines etc.
* Development of Carbon reduction initiatives along with an energy reduction strategy for the site
* Keeping up to date with current trends and technology within the Energy and Environmental sector
* Coordinate efforts across maintenance and facilities staff to make sure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion
* Respond to emergency calls for maintenance
* Fleet management of company owned and hire vehicles including the co-ordination of the purchase and disposal of vehicles
* Management of fork lift/VNA trucks on site keeping the fleet in its best working condition, ensuring breakdowns are reported as soon as possible and ensuring numbers required are available
* Delivering projects to time and to budget
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to develop the Facilities and Maintenance strategy and lead the team.
* A foundation degree or level 3 degree in Facilities management or Building services management.
* A related qualification such as IOSH, NEBOSH or BIFM or willing to enrol on such a qualification along with a strong understanding of energy saving and environmental legislation is essential.
* Experience in sourcing suppliers, negotiating prices and running tender processes as well as a demonstrable track record of performance against key performance indicators delivery and cost.
* Ability to create a maintenance schedule, troubleshoot and manage multiple jobs concurrently
* Knowledge of structure or grounds to be maintained, maintenance procedures, systems to be maintained (eg conveyors, roofing etc)
* Comfortable leading and motivating a team to achieve their objectives as well as managing a busy workload within deadlines whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail.
* MHE experience
* Drivers licence is essential
* Not essential but desirable would be membership of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management or willing to apply for membership
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV