North Wales Jobs
Electric Lite Vehicle Driver
DPD is the fastest growing express parcel delivery company in the UK, with a turnover of well over £1 billion. Voted the nation’s favourite parcel carrier for the last 8 years, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry, and we are the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
DPD has recently announced a new 25-25-25 vision: to deliver 100m parcels a year (25% of our volume) on all electric vehicles in 25 UK cities by 2025. This is a DPD Group Europe wide drive across 20 countries. This would save a massive 42,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions – the equivalent of planting 170,000 trees.
We are now seeking Electric Lite Vehicle Drivers to join our new electric fleet of vehicles in the Abergele depot as part of a franchise opportunity. No experience is needed!
Build a great career and do some good for the planet
You’ll be driving one of our brand new eco-friendly lite vehicles and doing your part for the environment whilst forging ahead with your plans to run your own business. Our electric lite vehicles will be brand new to the depot and utilise the latest technology to ensure you can carry as many deliveries and cover as many miles as conventional vehicles, but without the environmental impact.
What’s in it for you?
– Expected earnings within your first year £25,000
– Service level related bonuses
– 1 week classroom and on the road training
– Uniform provided
– Fully branded vehicle with the latest handheld tech
– Opportunity to grow your franchise business
– Plenty of support to ensure you succeed
If you are game for a challenge and eager to run your own business, this is the perfect opportunity for you. As you might expect when starting your own franchise, the first three months may be tough, but once you are established, you’ll discover regular routes and amazing earnings, making this a truly rewarding role.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Electric Lite Driver, you will make multiple deliveries of parcels of all shapes and sizes throughout Abergele and the surrounding area.
– Make a number of deliveries and collections per day (and you’ll be paid for both)
– Work a four to six-day rota per week to suit your lifestyle and depot volumes
– Take charge of your workload/be responsible for running your own business, tax, NI payments etc.
– Be responsible for loading and unloading your van at the depot
– Providing a safe and time-efficient delivery of customer goods
– Maintaining a high level of customer service at all times
To be considered as an Electric Lite Driver, you will need:
– To have held a full, valid UK driving licence for at least 12 months
– To be a conscientious and good driver
– To be able to provide us with compliance information such as DBS and DVLA check
– To enjoy being out on the road
– Good communication skills with a high level of customer service
– To be outgoing, determined and not afraid of hard work
– To enjoy an early start!
Please note, this self-employed, franchise opportunity requires upfront entry fees consisting of a £400 franchise fee and a £1,000 deposit.
This role would also require the franchise owner to have a charge point fitted at their property so their lease vehicle can be charged overnight. This would mean that you would need to have a parking bay, garage, or driveway for us to be able to install.
This role would be suitable for an individual wishing to become a Delivery Driver, Electric Vehicle Driver, EV Driver, Multidrop Driver, Self-Employed Driver, or Courier Driver.
If you’re interested in applying for an Electric Lite Driver role, please select the button shown and we will be in touch to discuss your options.
Need to know more?
Visit our website and read through testimonials from some of our most successful franchisees on the driver recruitment page or view our ‘green’ pages to learn more about our greener vision.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.