E&I Technician – Top-Tier COMAH Facility – North East Wales – Perm – £Neg – Days only
We have an opportunity for an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Technician to join our clients existing team providing maintenance support for their Electrical and Instrument Plant systems and equipment including; electrical systems/equipment; safety trip/interlocks electronic; electrical and pneumatic instrumentation systems and safety trip/interlocks.
To carry out activities associated:
· with the Functional Safety lifecycle of Safety Instrumented Systems as defined by BS EN 61511,
· installation work, inspection, detailed and close/visual of Hazardous Area equipment in both Gas and Dust Zones, as defined in BS EN 60079
· testing and remedial work on Combustion Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS) to BS EN 14181 and measurement of particulates to BS EN 13284 as defined by QAL 3 for MCerts,
· testing and remedial work on Waste Water instrumentation to MCerts for discharge to Water,
· safety checks on electrical systems and calibration work on instrumentation systems for legislative regulations in accordance with procedures laid down to ensure compliance with COMAH, PPC, ISO 9002/14001 accreditations,
· with fault diagnosis, online and off-line, of hardware, software and editing of DCS systems including HMI’s.
· To work on HV systems and protection/control methods i.e. OCB’s, ACB’s and Power factor correction units.
· To issue Permits to Work for specific areas e.g. boiler houses and compressor houses.
· To isolate electrical equipment and issue safety documentation.
· To form and fabricate components and parts, using machine and hand tools, working from graphical, written or verbal directions.
· Maintain a working understanding of all process equipment, systems and utilities, undertaking training where necessary in order to perform maintenance effectively.
· Analyse malfunctioning systems and/or equipment and recommend/carry out corrective action.
· Completed an Indentured apprenticeship together with City & Guilds/ONC/HNC in electrical or instrument engineering and certified experience in the maintenance and calibration of instrumented systems.
· Or Indentured apprenticeship together with City & Guilds/ONC/HNC in instrument and control engineering and current qualifications in the IEE Requirements for electrical installations 16th edition.
· Significant post apprenticeship experience in the chemical, petrochemical or process industries, demonstrating knowledge of instrumented systems, LV systems and control systems.
· Ideally having worked on a COMAH or similar site candidates will also be COMPEX trained (modules 1 to 4, 5 and 6
· Experience and knowledge of safe working systems especially with respect to Risk Assessments and Work Authorisation Procedures.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills in a maintenance environment and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Can work within a team environment whilst demonstrating self-initiative and motivation.
If this is of any interest, please feel free to contact Luke Taylor at Adepto Technical Recruitment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.