MPI have a requirement for Development Engineers to work on site in Deeside, Flintshire.
The rate of pay is £18.40 per hour PAYE and is deemed in scope of IR35
Full Job Description is available on request
Working approx. 37 hours per week.
The contract length is for up to 7 months whilst a permanent recruitment campaign is undertaken and completed.
Our Client has split the roles as follows:
2 x Development Engineer capable assisting in the introduction of new electronic/electrical engineering projects.
1 x Development Engineer with specific responsibility for the production of CAD drawings of electronic/electrical designs
This role is part of a team that provide engineering solutions for both planned and emergent work: providing governance, engineering technical instruction, guidance and continuous support both internally and to the customer.
The team provides compliant design and drawing office functionality for the business in support of the delivery to internal and external customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
Developing engineering policies and processes to ensure the business complies with legislation, relevant standards and the maintenance of accreditation awards required by the business.
Undertaking the role of engineering governance for our Client to other departments and teams.
Providing engineering input to the NSP Stage and Gate process, giving instruction of the requirements to comply with MOD policy and legislation.
Developing and introduction of emergent and planned task capability:
* Undertaking engineering risk assessments for new and/or modified task capability.
* Undertaking engineering investigations, feasibility studies and creation of associated results reports.
* Deriving the solution concept
* Developing concept to a design solution
* Designing manufacturing and testing of prototypes
* Developing test and repair processes and inserting these into technical documentation
Investigating and resolving Engineering Request for Change (RFCs) raised by internal customers.
Providing subject matter expertise as a point of contact for both internal and external customers carrying out activities such as Our Clients Tasking Agreement work (MOD Contracts), off site visits and customer meetings.
Designing and producing engineering drawings for the manufacture, maintenance and repair of items.
Provide post development support for the repair or manufacture items for the first 6 months of life cycle.
Design of bespoke test fixtures for use in maintenance and repair.
Over signing and carrying out independent inspections of technicians work in respect of and in compliance with Air worthiness requirements.
Providing technicians with training on newly developed tasks.
Managing engineering projects to defined timescales, negotiating changes in deadline as necessary due to delays in information and materials, through to completion.
Identifying problem areas, improvement initiatives and implementing solutions as part of a team.
Complying with the procedures contained within both the Clients Business System and the Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publications.
Producing Bill of Materials, comprising components and materials, during the production of engineering drawings as part of the development process.
Researching the materials and components listed in the Bill of Materials with consideration to environment of use, cost effectiveness, availability, lead times and project delivery date while liaising with Commercial, Operations, Procurement and the Customer in order to facilitate the release of an offer to the Customer.
Liaising with external companies for component/item manufacture and testing.
Providing engineering governance and control of the ERP system to ensure business compliance to Approved Source Information.
Be the Military Packaging Approval Scheme certified designers for Special to Type Containers (STC), ensuring the integrity and functionality of the assets within the packaging.
As subject matter experts providing Cat B over stamp for production staff carrying out new tasks and feasibility studies until they become competent.
Producing the design for labels for approved use in Aircraft.
Production of Site plans and building schematics.
Mentoring our Clients and MOD apprentices on engineering principles and processes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Attain Development Engineer MAOS Authorisation in line with business system timelines.
* To understand customer requests and interpret them in a way that gives full compliance to the customer demand while complying with all relevant standards.
* Extensive knowledge of applicable British, European and international standards and legislation and the ability to apply and pre-empt the potential implications from this.
* The ability to communicate technical information to a broad range of internal and external customers adjusting language and tone to suit audience.
* Project Management skills such as risk management and stakeholder management.
* Attain 'Support Engineer' role and gain knowledge of the ERP system and how changes to routes/instructions/BoMs affect production and to understand the implications of delegation levels to production and product assurance.
* The ability to create highly complex Approved Source Information (ASI) including Documentation, Technical Instructions and Test & Repair Procedures utilising:
* The ability to interpret highly complex, supplied Approved Source Information (ASI), documentation, technical instructions, test & repair procedures, drawings and/or software.
* Knowledge of Air Worthiness safety and principles
* Knowledge of business processes and a wide range of information resources to research spares, materials, consumables, processes and suppliers that fulfil job requirements to create Bill of Materials (Bom's) and initiate purchasing activity to be completed for the provision of spares, materials, chemicals, tools and consumables to the production team.
* Knowledge of engineering risk assessment process for the health & safety, environmental and quality impact of the production task under development.
* Knowledge of how to conduct engineering investigations and feasibility studies and how to compile written reports to convey findings.
* To attain advanced competence with Solidworks — 3D CAD Modelling, DraftSight and AutoCAD software to produce Designs, Engineering Drawings and Bom's that enable purchasing, manufacture, maintenance and repair work to be completed. This includes the ability to use on-line and off-line instructional resources for self-study to continually improve capabilities on the software.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Recognised relevant engineering apprenticeship or similar accredited training course.
Relevant technical experience as a technician (Minimum 3 years).
Be able to satisfy the competence standards set by ECUK (Engineering Council United Kingdom) for registration as Incorporated Engineer or Engineering Technician
Higher National Certificate or level 4 NVQ or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
If selected for these roles, we will be required to apply for a DBS background criminal check that will cost you £25.00 – Do not apply for this unless requested to do so
Looking for more jobs listings visit our website Bird Online Jobs Search over 200,000 live job vacancies updated daily. Get noticed by over 10,000+ potential employers upload your CV to our partner site here