Are you a qualified and experienced Team Leader, Deputy Manager or Senior Support Worker who is looking for a new and exciting challenge? Do you enjoy working in a therapeutic environment? We are seeking a Deputy Manager to work along side the home manager and existing staff team at a children's residential home in the Wrexham area.
You will be working for a leading provider of therapeutic residential care, independent education and integrated clinical service for children and young people with complex needs and emotional behavioural difficulties. The company ethos is to provide an outstanding service to the young people in their care, keeping the needs of each individual child at the centre of the work they do.
A salary of £27,000 to £30.000 is being offered, this is dependent on experience and qualifications. The shifts are 4 forty-eight hours plus sleep in and 5 hours office time , totalling 245.5 hours per month
Are you ready to transform the life of a child or young people?
You will be responsible for
* Fully deputising for the registered manager in their absence
* Providing leadership and guidance to the staff team at all times.
* Having the ability to build and develop trusting professional relationships
* Providing high quality care to children and young people as part of the organisations integrated service.
* Communicate with the staff team regarding regulations, policies and procedures Enthusiastic in your approach and open to new ways of thinking and working around a therapeutic model.
* Make decisions that are in the best interest of the young person you are supporting and the organisation
* Understanding and implementing safeguarding practices and processes at all times
* Keep accurate and up to date records for each young person in line with the companies systems
* Being sensitive to the needs of young people, providing support and comfort
For this challenging and rewarding role the ideal candidates must
* Have Level 3 QCF Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and /or (working towards ) a level 5 management and leadership
* Be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills
* 1 years experience of working as a senior support worker in a children's residential home
* Be energetic, enthusiastic and self motivated.
* Have an understanding of the impact of abuse, trauma and neglect and the challenges facing young people in care
* Have the ability to remain calm under pressure
* Commit to ongoing personal and professional development ensuring mandatory training is completed and updated
* Hold a full driving licence and have the use of own vehicle
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV