Who we are
We are a globally operating engineering and technology consulting group at the forefront of the digital and connected world.
AKKA’s passion for technology is embedded deep in its DNA and is guided by a clear vision for the future. For 30 years, we have established ourselves as one of the global leaders in our field through a well-balanced strategy combining organic growth with targeted acquisitions.
With more than 22,000 employees in centres of excellence around the world, AKKA employs a multi-sector approach with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of performance, our employees give their all to help our clients create tomorrow’s innovations. It is our aim for every AKKA employee, from trainee to Expert, to develop in ambition and expertise. We offer dedicated training, mentoring and support to help our employees grow their careers in the direction they want.
Working for a Consultancy
The world of consultancy offers an amazing opportunity to not be restricted to just one industry. Your job role and skills will give you the chance to broaden your horizons. You could complete an Aerospace project then move onto a Defence project next or use your knowledge across our Rail division whilst supporting our Pharmaceutical team. Whether it’s leading meetings with our customers outlining solutions for their problems that you and AKKA can solve to discovering new clients and opportunities, we aim to offer a diverse working experience and career that fits around you.
Cost engineering is one of the key functions in which we support our customers across multiple industries and by providing a consultative approach through AKKA we have been able to become a “go to” supplier of engineers for our clients.
Working with renowned Aerospace companies, you will be expected to work autonomously to support costing activities across a couple areas; manufacturing process improvements, costing of tools/jigs and machining.
Some remote working can be arranged however you will be expected to work onsite based near Chester.
What you will need
* At least 3 years of professional experience in a Costing function, preferably within Aerospace manufacturing
* Costing of machinery and jigs / tools required in the manufacturing process of components
* Understanding of manufacturing processes of simple and complex components (machinery and tooling)
* Understand the different types of costing analysis such as Recurring Costs and Non-Recurring Costs in a manufacturing plant
* Track record of successful benchmark, or should cost induced negotiations, and/or supply cost improvement initiatives
* Customer and supplier engagement experience
* Strong organisation skills and ability to work flexibly as part of a team
What you will be doing
* Plan and construct cost / price estimates of various parts, assemblies, systems and machinery in support to Procurement and Engineering organisations (Non-recurring costs, Recurring costs, etc)
* Provide cost analysis (recurring and non-recurring costs) on machining / jigs / tools within a manufacturing plant
* Understand technology, manufacturing process, and supply chain cost drivers
* Structure large sets of data in a format that is easy to leverage
* Participate to supplier visits, identify cost reduction potential from a design, manufacturing, supply chain point of view, make recommendations
* Collect high amount of data to perform should costing analyses at part and assembly levels
* Adopt a Total Cost of Ownership approach while estimating the cost of parts and assemblies, including cost of manufacturing, supplier supply chain, transportation, taxation, mark ups, over consumption, risks, manufacturing inefficiencies, etc.
* Analyse and quantify economic implications of client requirements onto the design and manufacturability of some parts and assemblies
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.