Commercial Development Manager
Zip World is the ultimate adventure destination. Home to the world’s fastest zip line, the UK’s first alpine coaster, and the UK’s only subterranean net adventure, Zip World is committed to providing the most unique and thrilling adventures – from check-in to touch down.
Due to the continued growth and success of the business, we are looking for a Commercial Development Manager to play a critical role in supporting the Commercial Director to set out the strategic commercial activities of the business.
The Role – Commercial Development Manager
As the Commercial Development Manager, you will take ownership of in-house sales projects involving corporate and group booking, events, commercial operations, photo and video sales, and eCommerce, in turn, increasing annual revenue across all sites in line with KPIs and contributing to agreed percentage of the total revenue of business.
Your duties will include, although may not be limited to:
* Overseeing the management of Adventure Booking Centre, delivering sales performance through upselling group and corporate bookings
* Developing, implementing and evaluating commercial strategy in line with strategic objectives
* Project managing the setup of commercial agreements and partnerships to maximise revenue
* Being the ambassador of all commercial outlets and ensuring these are integral parts of the customer experience
* Working collaboratively with the Marketing Team to identify retail and merchandising trends and working with partners in designing the range
* Ensuring full availability of retail products and services and maintaining inventories
* Taking responsibility for group supplier contracts and strategic account management contacts
* Agreeing on purchasing strategy for managers to maintain consistency and ensure the best value for the business
* Leading on the implementation of the retail strategy both on and offline for new sites
* Planning and implementing seasonal display schemes in line with the site events calendar
* Working with central support teams to promote the retail offer where appropriate, including online upsell, supporting content creation for social media, and ensuring accurate and effective in-store POS
* Leading on photo and video supplier relationship and product development to enhance the offering
* Formulating pricing policies, completing regular margin reviews, and examining financial data and using to improve site profitability
Our Requirements – Commercial Development Manager vacancy
* A strong commercial awareness – you will know how to make a profit whilst maintaining strong client relationships, delivering quality, and staying fully aligned to company values
* A proactive, diligent, and forward-thinking approach
* Excellent communication skills – you're someone who can get your point across in a positive, honest, and constructive way
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, intense, performance-driven culture. Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change
* Delivers clear, easy-to-understand messages; compelling to listen to and able to inspire confidence
* Excellent stakeholder communication and contract management skills
As the Commercial Development Manager, you will benefit from:
* Salary of £45,000 plus annual bonus of up to 25%
* Free gym membership
* Discounted access to all Zip World adventures
* Food and beverage discounts at Zip World sites
* Company social events throughout the year
* Permanent contract
Your core working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, with infrequent flexibility and weekend work required to accommodate business needs.
You’ll be working at our offices in Llanrwst (Conwy county, North Wales). Where required, relocation assistance will be provided.
All applications for this Commercial Development Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.