An exciting opportunity for the right person to join a rapidly expanding company based within the IT sector. Our client is looking for a Business Development Consultant to join the team. The Business Development Consultant will be a skilled relationship builder, able to seek out opportunities and grow their accounts, develop their own leads and take the initiative to go the extra mile. Confidence and enthusiasm is key as is the tenacity and drive to be successful.
A minimum of 2 years’ sales experience is essential within an IT or telecoms role. In return, the Business Development Consultant will be rewarded with a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package, along with genuine career progression opportunities.
Hours of work: 9am – 5pm
Key Responsibilities :
· Gaining deep insight to understand a potential customers business and their plans on how solutions will aid their own growth and development plans.
· Generate opportunities from calling data as well as leads supplied from colleagues.
· Gain referrals and leads for additional products and services.
· Ensure all quotations and proposals are sent in a professional manner and timescale agreed with the potential customer.
· Ensure our customers are delighted with all aspects of their Service and Commercial proposition.
· Attend client meetings when necessary
· The role will flex with the needs of your customers and the ever-changing connected world, so the ability to cope with constant change is a must.
· Making sure CRM system is updated.
· Achieve personal and team targets and Key Performance Indicators.
· To clearly demonstrate your ability to build a pipeline of opportunity in accordance with your targets.
Essential Skills :
· Minimum 2 years’ B2B experience is essential
· Sales process – discovering needs; building trust and relationships; negotiation skills; closing skills.
· Understanding of market places; competition; alternative products
· Be able to manage own time and workload/ workflow effectively
· Demonstrate communication and influencing skills
· Time management skills
· Dealing with difficult situations/people
* Do the best job you can, going the extra mile and being proud of it
* Act with honesty and integrity, stick to what you say you’ll do
* Communicate clearly and effectively to ensure zero confusion
* React with pace
* Face your challenges head on and use the resources around you to succeed
* Ability to self-learn and develop knowledge of the products/markets
KEYWORDS: sales, B2B, business development, new business
For more information or to apply for this position please call our recruitment team on (phone number removed) or apply online for a call back.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Want to get noticed by potential employers? Register your CV and be found by 10,446 companies who are hiring today – Submit CV