Foxwood Recruitment have partnered with an industry heavyweight within the catering supplies sector in their search for an Area Sales Manager covering North Wales, the M56 and the surrounding areas. The successful candidate will have a proven track record selling into the food industry and be responsible for managing, developing and increasing sales and profitability within their territory. A great opportunity for an established salesperson to take their next steps and further develop one of the food industry’s go-to brands.
What Will You Be Doing?
* Ensuring all sales and margin targets and budgets are met in line with guidance from the Regional Sales Manager/Managing Director.
* Establish and maintain sound customer and business relationships, with particular emphasis on service levels and timely problem resolution.
* Evaluate and gain a concise understanding of the marketplace and customers’ businesses and requirements.
* Advising customers of current and future Company promotional activity, new product launches and accreditation/certification requirements.
* To contact and liaise with suppliers to ensure product knowledge is maintained and reviewed. Internal departments to ensure the free flow of customer, market and product information.
* Establish and maintain accurate customer records, product profiles, promotional calendars, customer database and pricing files.
* Devise and constantly review clear journey plans and customer categorisation.
* Plan and execute sales opportunities within new market sectors and strategise sales penetration opportunities.
* Actively engage in the annual planning and budgeting process ensuring accurate and achievable customer plans are devised and executed.
* To act as an ambassador for our client’s brand, seeking to promote the Company’s services wherever and to whomever possible.
* Whilst carrying out your duties be aware, at all times, that there is a legal requirement to take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and others and to comply with safe working practices and procedures laid down by the Company.
Which Skills Are Essential?
* A full, clean UK Driving Licence.
* Excellent sales skills and a proven track record of field sales in the food industry.
* Proven experience of strong account and relationship management.
* The energy and drive to engage your customers.
* Negotiation and influencing skills.
* Willingness to travel.
* Initiative, confidence and enthusiasm.
* Excellent communication and people skills.
* Good planning and organisational skills.
What’s In It For You?
* KPI bonus scheme.
* 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata).
* Company Pension Scheme.
* Life Assurance cover.
* Company Sick Pay.
* Employee Discount Scheme.
* Cycle to work scheme.
* Employee Assistance Programme.
Are you a food sales guru looking for your next challenge? Look no further! Send us your CV today and we'll be in touch
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.