We have a very exciting opportunity for an Analytical Chemist for a large organisation in Flintshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a a dynamic company at the heart of the operation.
To carry out analysis of raw materials, in process materials and finished product in line with procedures, specifications and defined test methods.
To lead development of new analytical test methods for all sites within the group. Develop and improve processes related to analytical activities across all sites within the group.
* Carry out sampling of raw materials and complete analytical and physical analysis against the agreed risk based procedure
* Lead the development of any new test methods for the testing of bulk liquids, chemicals and finished product for all sites within the group.
* Inspection and testing of incoming raw materials in accordance with risk assessment based procedure.
* Develop and improve processes related to analytical activities across all sites covering both in process and laboratory testing
* Generation of raw material and bulk liquid specifications and maintenance of such libraries with support from Group Technical Services
* Producing lab scale samples of new lotions and serial preservative dilutions in order to provide bulk liquid batch calculation analysis
* Administration of the J&J marketed stability product storage and products in line with J&J requirements
* Identify where new or changed routines could improve efficiency without detrimental affect to the sampling and testing service
* Support the Site Quality Lead / Quality Assurance Technicians in quality failure investigations with subject matter expertise
* Liaise with internal departments across group eg Research and Development, Manufacturing, to ensure development of new test methods and improve process
* Escalate any out of specification results relating to raw materials, in process testing and finished product.
* Where appropriate, liaise with suppliers on issues of product quality relating to out of specification results or rejection, ensure appropriate internal departments are notified accordingly.
* Provide analytical laboratory cover for analytical technicians in the event of holidays and absence
* Good basic educational standard – Maths and English
* Recognised qualification in an Analytical chemistry related subject
* Numerical /verbal reasoning
* Computer literate
* Analytical Laboratory experience essential
* Experience in an analytical laboratory environment
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Register your CV with our partner site cv-library and get noticed by potential employers.